Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Keep up the good work or . . .

Just so you know

Some of your peers have been getting their work in early by sending it to me via googledocs.  Yes, it's not due until 9/6 for C period or 9/7 for H period, but early birds catch more than just worms.

I greatly appreciate that extra effort!

Also, some of your peers have been going above and beyond the work requirements, sending me well-reasoned analysis that spans onto the second or third page.  I reward that effort, too.  You should know that the loads of essays we do in class are graded on the AP College Board rubric, which is quite challenging.  In other words, for those who are motivated by grades, you may be disappointed.  However, I ameliorate that effect by awarding extra points here and there for people who put in extra effort and thought in the smaller day-to-day assignments.

In sum,
work hard
get me work early
do extra, unique and insightful work on small assignments and get credit.

send all questions and work to

howellj@dy-regional.k12.ma.us

No comments:

Post a Comment